| Screening an Online Date Match
There are many online dating services from which to choose. after meeting online, how do you decide whom to meet in person? Here are 18 suggestions on how to do your screening. Apply your own values and preferences. Mark each topic using the scale below.
0= None/ Not at All/NA 1= Very Little
2= some 3= enough/just right
4= a lot 5= overkill
|0||1||2||3||4||5||consider these topics:|
|1. Talks about themselves
2. Talks about you
3. Focus on appearance
4. How positive are your instincts?
5. Do you review your choices with a trusted friend who supports you?
6. How much private information do you/they reveal in person before meeting?
7. how well do you/they follow safety& privacy guidelines?
8. how much vulnerable information do you/they reveal?
9. Amount of sexual content
10. Inconsistencies in information given
11. How often do you verify their identity, workplace, phone, or other?
12. Emotional expressiveness
13. Sense of humor
14. Frequency of contact with family/children/parents
15. Relationships with friends/others
16. Discussion of health habits
17. Attitude toward work
MORE INFO LINKS: Articles- Dating:Blind Dates, Successful Dating; Lists-DatingAction Rules,Dating Rules: 4C’s;Quizzes-Dating Online Screening
© Copyright 2008 P.H. Pickett, Ph.D. All rights reserved.