Parents to a Higher Standard – Part 4
by Dr. Coach Love
Continuing from Parts 1, 2, & 3, here are more coaching tips to help reconnect with
your college age kid after an argument:
5. Text her that you miss her.
6. Leave a voicemail letting her know you respect her and
are eager to reconnect with her when she’s ready.
7. Ask her what she needs from you to move past the situation.
8. Openly honor her view that the argument was not stupid (as you feel), but hurtful to her and healing time is needed.
9. Seek professional assistance from a Licensed Marital and Family Therapist (LMFT)
or qualified relationship coach if none of the above is
How we conduct our lives and the choices we make are important examples to our children throughout the lifecycle—-not just when they are small. I think it is only fair for parents to hold themselves to a higher standard of behavior—-DO YOU?
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Dr. Coach Love
MORE INFO LINKS: Posts-Pt1 3/27/08, Pt2 3/30/08, Pt3 4/15/08
v I invite your comments below.
v E-mail your relationship coaching questions to DrCoachLove@centurytel.net.
v Questions selected will be edited as needed to reflect privacy,
brevity, clarity, and general interest.
v Sorry, Dr. Coach Love is unable to offer any personal advice through this blog.
v Check out relationship coaching services at www.HireCoach.com.
© Copyright 2008 P.H. Pickett, Ph.D. All rights reserved. Reprint with permission.
Contact DrCoachLove@CenturyTel.net for permissions.